Desperate times call for desperate measures....
For the last several days, I have moved Emma while she is sleeping from the crib into her big girl bed. She does wake up when I move her, but for the most part she will just accept where she is and go right back to sleep. So her track record so far is from 10:30pm-5:00am the 1st night, refusal the 2nd night, from 12:00am(ish)-6:30am the 3rd night and then from 10:30-12:30 last night. The nice thing about her waking up at normal time that 3rd night was that I was the one to actually wake her up (as opposed to her waking on her own) and pump her full of praise for sleeping there. And then she gets to brag to everyone at home and then to Nana about her accomplishment.
Tonight, before she fell asleep, I removed the drop rail from the side of her crib and put her rail from the big girl bed on it. I mainly did this to see if she would even try to escape her crib. NOPE! The girl loves her bed! As I said before, I don't know how to deal with this because Kayla and Eli both couldn't wait to get out of their crib or bed! It also made it much easier on me to move her because I just slide one arm under her pillow and one under her knees and scoop and move! Not easy when working around a crib railing!
So she has been in her big girl bed for almost 2 hrs now! I'm hoping I only have a week or two of this before she finally decides to sleep in the bed for good. Poor Hailey is too big for her little bassinet!
I think it's safe to say that I get less sleep because of Emma than Hailey! Thank God Hailey sleeps through the night! Not sure what I would do if she didn't!
The Friends We Keep – Tour Dates!
7 years ago

2 comments:
Let's hope the big girl bed is her new "home away from home" ... fingers crossed!
good luck. so far so good. :)
Post a Comment