Wednesday, March 25, 2009

1st zoo trip of the year

My friend Jessica M and I decided to get together and go to the zoo on Sunday with her mom and aunt. We had unusually nice weather all last week. The weekend was supposed to be cooler but not so cold you couldn't go outside. Typically, the zoo is a bit cooler because it is on a mountain (hence the name Cheyenne Mountain Zoo) but that so was not the case on Sunday! It was a cloudy day and cool in the morning but by lunchtime the sun was shining and the temps were rising. It got hot enough that I took Hailey's pants off and let her hang out in the stroller with just her shirt and diaper on. And I had to push her sleeves up! Of course, Kayla and I left with sunburned shoulders and faces. Oops!
We had 4 adults and 9 kids with us on this trip. The kids ages were from 13 yrs old all the way down to 8 months old. Oldest and youngest being mine. Hmm I had never realized that before. Anyways, we had a great time and managed to not lose a single kid! Our a single strand of hair! :)

The boys - Sam 3 yrs old, Zander 5 yrs old, Christian 9 yrs old, Eli 9 yrs old


The girls - Hailey 8 mo old, Kayla 13 yrs old, Emma 2 yrs old, Allorah 1-1/2 yrs old and Gabby 10 yrs old

And all of us together. Her and I have been friends since we were Kayla's age!

Emma with Sam and Zander. They are both holding her hands! I think I am in trouble....

The kids on the big chair

This picture is funny. If you notice, most of the kids are all looking off in the side...this is in the petting zoo area and they have loose chickens in there. One was near us and coming up to our legs...the kids were all watching to make sure it didn't come to the chair!

Jessica and I

Jessica and her mom Kim - boy don't they look alike?!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on not losing a kid ... yet! lol

And good job on not letting the chickens get your kids ... that could be bad.

Yes, I crack myself up. :)