We have figured out in Emma's short little life that she is one of those people that will do the job....once she is darn good and ready to do it. She won't warn you, tell you that she is ready to do the job. She will just do it. I decided this weekend that we needed to push this issue of getting Emma out of her crib because Hailey shouldn't be in her bassinet anymore because she is a chunky monkey. So the crib came down on Saturday. I let her take part. Though she wasn't really interested. But she did hang out in her room while Kayla and I took it all down. Saturday night, the girl cried for close to an hour. JR asked at one point how long I thought it would take her to figure out she could get out of the bed. But she never did! The girl stayed in her bed and cried. She fell asleep, and stayed that way until early Sunday morning (thank you stupid daylight savings time for coming to an end!) when she did get out of bed on her own. Sunday night, she went to bed just fine and did fine last night. When she wakes up in the morning, if you ask her where her crib is, she tells you it went bye-bye. We will leave it down for at least a month and let Hailey sleep in her pack-n-play. We haven't actually put Hailey in their room yet just to make sure Emma will continue to do good every night.
2 comments:
Yay for Emma. That is good news...maybe just needed the crib gone to be ok with it! :)
Anytime you want me to stay in bed, just say the word and I'll do it. Glad it worked out for Emma! I hope it continues!
Post a Comment